Monday, September 10, 2012

I Want to Want to Believe

"My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in Heaven," which reminds me of, "In Him we have have redemption, the forgiveness for our sins, according to the riches of His grace which he has l.a.v.i.s.h.e.d. on us in Christ Jesus." 

I don't know about you but my needs (and those of the people I know and love) are overwhelming. They are, well, needy. Financial. Relational. Profession
al. Spiritual. Needy, needy, needy. It's so easy to shrink back from approaching God with yet one more request. To cower back in a crazy self-sufficient human way and desperately attempt to "fix" people, bank balances, contracts, dreams, and to still the ever-increasing voices of sadness, angst, stress, disappointment, fear, and shame.

Which leads me back to this..."My God will supply all your needs..." Do I believe this? Nope. Not in totality. Maybe in 'this' area, but whoa, baby, not in 'that' one! (Just being honest with you.) I want to want to believe it--and not simply an ethereal bible-verse-quoting-knowledge, but rather know as the result of an resolute TRUST in His character and who has proven Himself to be time after time after time. You'd think I'd have this down pat. Eh, not so much sometimes.

So, this early, early, morning which began around 4:02 AM (I feel this compulsion to tell you all just how early I've been awake! *smile*) I'm relinquishing myself to the Supply Side Economic Reality of God's ability to do, be, act, and move towards me and those of you who are swimming in the same waters of life experience. I'm handing over an admitted infinitesimal grain of faith and exhale a whispered prayer of thanks for even that--a grain of faith given by Him, seen by Him, and honored by Him.

Would you like to join me? Private message your "infinitesimal" prayer of faith; your Supply Side Economic Reality which only God can cover and I will stand by you and remind you of truth: "A three strong cord is not easily broken."

No comments:

Post a Comment